What To Do?
A. Copy and paste the questions below into a word processor.
B. The answers to the questions can be found by viewing the link. Plate Tectonics or local file
The Theory of Plate Tectonics
- What is the theory of plate tectonics?
- What is another name for the Earth’s crust?
- Who proposed the theory of continental drift? When was the theory proposed?
- What is the theory of continental drift?
- List the evidence that supports the theory of continental drift.
- What was the problem with Wegner's hypothesis?
- What was suggested to be the driving force for the movements of the plates?
- Where are the majority of earthquakes and volcanoes found?
- What is the Mid-Atlantic ridge?
- What drives the movement of plates?
- What are convergent plates? What features are formed when two oceanic plates move together? What is subduction?
- What are divergent plates? What features are formed when two oceanic plates move apart?
- What is a transform fault?
- How were the islands in Hawaii formed?
- At what speed the plates in the lithosphere moving? Where is new crust formed? Where is old crust destroyed?
- Watch the following flash animation and describe what happens at plate boundaries or local file.
- Describe how the following ocean ridges were produced.
Other links: http://www.fccj.us/gly1001/gly1001.html
Original link: Not working lg.eage.org/free/00040/index.htm